UPM Kalso Veneer Mill
Vuohijärvi, Finland, approx. 135 km from Helsinki.
Rotary cut spruce veneers, used mainly as reverse side veneers for the parquet industry.
1806 Water-driven sawmill is founded at Siikakoski
1918 Leather factory is built, production never started
1934 Foundation of Plywood Mill by Kalso Oy/Oy Grahn Ltd
1974 First experiments with reverse side veneers
1979 Veneer deliveries starts
1986 Kalso-Teollisuus Oy acquires the mill
1993 Part of Kymmene Group
1996 Part of UPM-Kymmene Group
2000 Increasing drying capacity of veneers
2004 UPM-Kymmene Wood Oy is established
2008 Automation of veneer handling
2014 UPM becames the owner of the power plant located at the site.